Sunday 21 October 2012

Developing Lincoln

Over the past week I have discovered some interesting plans for the development of my local area. Firstly is the Brayford campus on which the Architecture building is situated, I have previously reported the rest of the Art Department would be located next door. However there has been new plans of what the university wants  to acheive over the following decade. The plans include more academic space, student accomadation, cafes, hotel and multi-story car park as the current car park shall be built upon. the University are also looking at expanding the award winning GCW Library.

 
 
The next part is the bridge over the railway line next to the engine shed. As previously posted network rail have looked into putting bridges across the railway line at densley used areas, this week they have released plans of what this may look like.



This is very exciting time to be studying at the university as it is expanding, especially being an architecture student as I can watch my future profession input into my present.

No comments:

Post a Comment