Tuesday 20 September 2011

11/07/2011 Yorkshire Sculpture Park

Hello everyone this is my very first blog and my very first post enjoy. On the 11/07/2011 I visited Yorkshire Sculpture Park to gain inspiration for my then upcoming art foundation. The works exhibbited there were from many Sculptors such as Henry Moore, Barbara Hepworth and Juame Plesna. Whilst there I also made sketches and took pictures to record my time there.


One of the sculptures that caught my eye was "The family of man" by Barbara Hepworth. They interested me as they were like children's building blocks on a large scale and created very intresting structural composistions.


The pre-art foundation project was to study negative space And negative space was in abundance due to the hollow building blocks forming the "Family of man".


Juame Plesna's " El alma del ebro" portrays a figure sitting with his legs pulled up in front of him. The figure is made with a lattice work of alphabetical and mathmatical symbols fom all over the world. I liked the detail and the thought put into the work to make sure the symbols connect together to form the figure.

This sculpture of Juame Plesna's also provides a lot of negetive space for the pre-art foundation project.



Juame Plesna also used light to an intresting and effective way. by luminating thee Heads from within shows off the fine detail of the heads.

Overall I enjoyed the visit to the Yorkshire Sculpture Park, it introduced and gave me a better understanding of sculpture.

No comments:

Post a Comment